Thursday, February 21, 2013

Snow Day







 It's snowing here in Nebraska and the kids got a snow day! What to do???

Well of course when you have a day off of school you get up at 4 A.M. right?!?!

Ugh, but they have played outside and got out all their stuffed animals and blankets.

Also made their own office in the living room. I love that they included family pictures! : )

What does a mom do when it is cold out? Well of course cook and bake and with the invention of Pinterest, how can you not go there for inspiration! I love Pinterest and thought I should make something off one of my boards, instead of just pinning, ha!!!

I found this beautiful picture of strawberries, which I admit are not my favorite unless they have sugar, but the description below it said:
Strawberries dried in the oven. Taste like candy but are healthy & natural. 3 hrs at 210 degrees......might be better than Twizzlers.

Sounds good right, plus since it is 16 degrees out it will help keep the house warm.
The picture below is what it is suppose to look like!





 MY STRAWBERRIES AFTER 2 HOURS...



 Hmm...Pinterest recipe gone wrong for me! : )
Not sure what I did wrong, but oh well.
All I could do was smile and start the exhaust fan!



 So since the oven was warm I decided to make pigs in the blanket. 
My recipe is 1 package of hot dogs and 1 package of crescent rolls.






8 hot dogs in a package and 8 crescent rolls. Wrap each hot dog in a crescent roll. Place on cookie sheet.















 Cook for 15 minutes at 375 degrees or until golden brown. Quick easy and kids love it!


What are you doing on this cold snowy day?

No comments:

Post a Comment