Thursday, February 9, 2012

Smile

If you only have one smile in you, give it to the people you love.

~Maya Angelou

My Family, my life!

Isn't it amazing when you have those moments out of the blue that make you smile. It is even better when those moments are with the people you love.

The simple things like my husband last night giggling over something silly on t.v.
I smiled clear down in my heart. 

Talking to the preschooler on the bus waiting to travel 15 miles to school. As you get on the bus some of them look scared to death, very few smile, but if you talk to them and give them a smile, maybe tease them a little, it can make them smile. Which can fill your heart.

A rough and tough boy who wants his mommy! A little snuggle time can always warm a heart.

Our little small town recently had a tragedy. When you are from a small town you know everyone, maybe not well, but you know them or their family. You know the people who were there trying with all of their heart and soul to save a man from the community, a son, father, brother, husband, co-worker, friends and I am sure so much more. 
In situations like this it hits the whole town and for some it is hard to find a way to move on and to find a way to smile. There is no answers and sometimes it is even hard to find something to be thankful for, but WE HAVE TO REMEMBER WE ALL HAVE SOMETHING TO BE THANKFUL FOR!
We all have the same reaction to say I'm sorry, but I was recently told by someone involved I'm sorry does nothing, so what should we say...
Again no right answer for situations like this, all I could say to them was I will pray for them. 
I pray that they will find something simple to smile over and the pain will slowly start to fade.

What makes you smile an the hardest of days or the best of days?
I will leave you with this quote,
“Let us make one point, that we meet each other with a smile, when it is difficult to smile. Smile at each other, make time for each other in your family.”
Mother Teresa


1 comment:

  1. You are so good! Love to read the blog! Would love it even more if we got to see you guys more often!

    ReplyDelete